Transference in CBT with Schema Therapy approach

Did you already have experiences with Counseling or Psychotherapy? Here you can exchange them with others. Do you best to be helpful - please don't discourage others to search for help on a board like this.

Topic author
Bluemoon93
new on bo(a)rd!
new on bo(a)rd!
weiblich/female, 29

Transference in CBT with Schema Therapy approach

Post Jul 27 2021, 17:56

Has anyone experienced strong transference feelings towards their CBT therapist and was it usual that they weren't discussed properly or even dismissed? Read that CBT doesn't empathises too much on them and when I told my therapist (CBT with schema therapy experience) about my strong maternal transference feelings, that I really like her, that miss her while she's on vocation,feel jealous of her other patients, and so on & she didn't go into them, neither the very positive nor the negative feelings towards her..
All she did was assume the anger and resntmnt I often feel towards he comes from unmet (childhood) needs, when she doesn't meet them to my expectation & that we'll figure out the needs and Strategie how they can beet wihthin therapy. Anyways she never talks about the positive stuff..
I feel like it doesn't matter to her... It hurts.

If you made similiar experiences, what advice do you have and how did you personally deal?
Changing therapists right now is not an option as my insurance just approved 13 months of therapy

Ads