High Scores On Personality Disorder Tests

Sometimes, the results of the self checks and surveys offered on this site may raise questions or ambiguity - here you can ask your questions or share your thoughts about these results with others.

Topic author
Lonerider66
new on bo(a)rd!
new on bo(a)rd!
männlich/male, 24

High Scores On Personality Disorder Tests

Post Mar 07 2014, 16:36

My results were:
ASPD
Factor 1: 87.50%
Factor 2: 88.89%
Other Traits: 100%

Also got strong indications i have NPD and possibly HPD.

These results are in fitting with self evaluation i have done. The symptoms i have noticed have been my shallow, strong emotions that only last a short time, i can turn off my ability to feel. Oftentimes i react to things automatically, like smiling when others smile, even though i don't feel like smiling. I have always had a strong stomach to gore, always watched horror films and was interested in autopsies etc. Potentially another psychopath in my family, my uncle. I often get bored of relationships very quickly. I did cheat on a partner before and managed to lie my way out of trouble, even though the evidence was stacked against me. I did use manipulation as a child onwards, learning to cry on demand etc. I used to vandalize, shoplift, bully without remorse. In order to be around people, i feel myself using a lot of energy to maintain a facade around people and it leaves me drained. My personality can vary depending who i am around and i adapt to people.Mainly i use humor, dark humor most of the time. I find it difficult to handle people who are upset or mourning. It's like i don't understand how to act around them.I am bored a lot!!Anything that is the same everyday bores me.

The only points that make me suspect i might not have ASPD is that i do feel elements of fear. I am certainly not fearless in regards to heights. I can overcome and force myself past them, as i did in the past with going on roller coasters and i do enjoy it. Also, at the start of relationships i feel "love" but generally it fizzles out fairly quickly. I did feel sad when a previous couple relationships ended but it was short lived also. This makes me think i may actually have feelings but i perhaps block them out or something...or maybe ASPD people can feel feelings sometimes.

What should i take from my results? Is it safe to assume i may have ASPD?

The only things that made

Ads

R.L.Fellner
Psychotherapist
männlich/male

Re: High Scores On Personality Disorder Tests

Post Mar 11 2014, 21:26

Hello lonerider,

as clearly mentioned in the test results, the screening test can not replace a professional diagnosis by a psychologist, psychiatrist or psychotherapist.

There main purpose is to give some orientation whether there are clear indications whether or not someone may suffer from a certain disorder. If your test indicates that - and it looks like it did - I would strongly recommend you to get yourself a professional diagnosis and then discuss further steps (psychotherapy to help you deal with the various issues, and medical support if required) with your healthcare professional face to face.

hope this helps,
R.L.Fellner

GoddessM
new on bo(a)rd!
new on bo(a)rd!
weiblich/female, 19

Re: High Scores On Personality Disorder Tests

Post Jun 20 2019, 23:31

I scored 100% for factor 1 and I think 76% for factor 2. I’ve been clinically diagnosed with ASPD and I can’t even assume I have it because it was by a therapist and a psychiatrist not a psychologist.

Ads