What we can do when we feel depressed?

If you are suffering from depressions, repetitive depressive episodes or other kinds of mood swings, or have experience with these disorders, feel free to post your questions, tips or experiences here.

Topic author
theCounselor
new on bo(a)rd!
new on bo(a)rd!
männlich/male, 26

What we can do when we feel depressed?

Post Sep 07 2011, 12:55

What we can do when we feel depress?

Well First of generally we ask our self that Why Am I So Sad?
....100 Things To Do When You're Upset
Like,
Do something good for someone else, even though you may not want to. Do a favour, help them find something, give them an item which will help them in some way. Start the flow of positive energy.

Eat the best chocolate you can get your hands on. In bed. Or in the bath.

Turn up music you really love. Play it so loudly that it soaks in through your skin. Dance in your pyjamas. Feel the pain lift.

Have a romance in your head.

Volunteer.

Buy a remote control for your camera & dip your toes into the pool of narcissism.
Licensed Or Certified professional counselor

Ads

struggle
Board Regular
Board Regular
weiblich/female, 32

Re: What we can do when we feel depressd?

Post Feb 23 2012, 22:12

Thats a nice collection! I want to add another idea!

I always enjoy being outside in nature with my camera. Then I try to see everything from a different point of view, and try to take pictures from an unexpected perspective. I try to notice things everybody else would pass by, f.e. especially small things.

greetings,
struggle

Yezrel
Board Insider
Board Insider
weiblich/female, 44

Post Nov 25 2012, 02:49

Hi

Good idea! I often write in Internet, search a theme and forget the problem in this time.
Or: I look a film without problems.
Or: I write an e-mail to my therapist or friends.
Or: I read a therapeutic book. It´s a good alternative where I need my psychotherapist.
kind regards
Yezrel

counsellingcro
new on bo(a)rd!
new on bo(a)rd!
männlich/male, 25

Post Apr 02 2014, 10:40

when we fell depressed then we can try to control our self motivation. The important thing to remember when trying to feel better is to make reasonable goals. Anything has the possibility of making you feel more depressed if you set an unrealistic goal.So make sure our goals is to be in a straight. you can try this things to feel comfort:
1.Turn up music you really love. Play it so loudly that it soaks in through your skin. Dance in your pyjamas. Feel the pain lift.
2.Call a friend & ask them if they want to have a slumber party.
3.Send a text message to one of the most interesting people you know — maybe someone you don’t know that well, just to say hello.

Ads

machin
new on bo(a)rd!
new on bo(a)rd!
männlich/male, 20

Post Apr 29 2022, 14:05

you can do many think to out of away like....

Exercise. Take a 15- to 30-minute brisk walk every day. ...
Eat healthy foods. Some people with depression don't feel much like eating. ...
Don't dwell on problems. It can feel good to talk through a problem with a caring friend. ...
Express yourself. ...
Notice good things.

hopequrewellness
new on bo(a)rd!
new on bo(a)rd!
männlich/male, 25

Post Sep 28 2022, 10:50

Allow yourself to feel what you're feeling, do NOT try and push it away. You cannot tell your brain that you are not sad, but you can encourage your mind to come up with ideas that could change this feeling into something else. For example: practice gratitude-list five things for which to be thankful for and express gratitude in writing; look at the situation objectively; create a list dreaming up more positive outcomes and reflect on them daily; set achievable goals and consider their effects on the happiness levels of others.
Tips to Feel good in Depressed Moment -
-Try a little experiment by switching your lens.
-Start lifting weights and do yoga; this combination helps depression immensely.
-Take pictures of the good moments in your life and post them on social media, you’ll see how your depression shrinks.
-Post an inspiring quote or photo on Facebook or Instagram everyday. This will make you feel better.

Ads